Sunday 12 February 2012

JUST ABOUT FINISHED

As the title says i have just about come to the end of finishing my mix for the carrots and parsnips. It has been fairly hard work this year with the mixing and i have to put it down to my bad health which since last easter i have got to use a breathing  machine. Any how i do not intend to dwell on it but  just keep going as long as i can.I have noticed a lot of gardeners are really concentrating on there shallots this year. I my self wont be growing any this year in the ground as i am limited to space but i will try a few in a couple of buckets and see how we get on.  Re to the parsnips, i will be growing Duches fi and i have read that they are good to cook and also suitable for showing so again it is going to be trial and error as i have very little experience with them.

                                                          FLOWER  TIME
Now i have almost sorted my veg out for this year i will be now start sowing flower seed as i do have quite a few different sorts to deal with . As usual every year we wonder what kind of summer we are going to have and because of not knowing i myself always start a little bit early. It is not a problem growing  the seed it is when you have to prick out  and find space for them to grow on before planting them out in the garden. What i am going to do is to make a triple shelf stand with cover  big enough to take about 400 young plants of mixed flowers and have them facing  south by the side of one of my small green houses. Obvious this wont take place untill late march -early april which by then we should start to get some good weather.
Finaly my ailsae  onions are now coming on great, these are the ones i grew from a bulb in 2009.I am not expecting to have huge ones this year but as long as i know they will grow to a decent size i can try for big ones next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment