Thursday 23 February 2012

HOW QUICK SEEDLINGS GROW WITH CARE

Today has been a day for checking  all my seeds that i had sown about 20 days ago and i must say that they have nearly all germinated and have turned into some very nice young plants. The seeds that i thought i would have had a problem with was the sweet peppers but to my surprise they have all germinated and are looking very strong. It has proved to me that i done the right thing by making a nursery box out of fibre glass insulation board  which holds the heat in and also  provides light from above. I must say that at the moment i have been having trouble with my camera so i am hoping to have it back on saturday so that i can post a few photos  for all to see. The other plants that are coming along ok are some early sown  tomato seeds  and i think i will be able to repot them this week end into 3inch pots . I am hoping that by next wednesday my cabbage seed will arrive so that i can get them started, i have ordered kilaxy cabbage and clapton cauliflower. When these seeds germinate and are big enough to handle  they will be grown in 16ltr buckets so that is going to be interesting for me as i have not grown them in buckets before. Going on to manure,  i would like to say that for many years i  like most gardeners  use horse manure for there gardens and always get good results but i do have to say that if there is any one who has a health problem which  stops them from turning the manure  in to the ground  try a bag of 6x and you will be surprised at the results. With 6x you dont have to use bucketfuls, but only handfuls. I used it last year and although i did not achieve much in the garden , i did notice is that i did not get any knat fungi or any other insect around the bottom of my oinions- beens  and tomatos. The 6x comes completely clean and sterilized which it tells you on the bag. I know it is around £11-00 a bag but as far as i am concerned it is well worth the money and time. TRY IT IT IS VERY STRONG. You can also use a liquid feed with it if you wish to.

No comments:

Post a Comment