Tuesday 11 March 2014

BEAN STICKS--TRAYS---POTS--AND SPRAYERS.

Although todays weather was a bit dull with overcast i decided to get a few small jobs out of the way by using the 10ft green house to work in. The first thing i done was to dip the end of the bean sticks in a fluid to protect them from rotting when in the ground. I have done this now for quite a few years because i was always cutting some of the bottoms off ware they had gone bad.
My second job was to clean all my potting up pots ready for potting when needed. They will be used mainly for beans and tomatoes. I do use about 50+ most years and they are the 4" pots.
I also use a 3"pot for young flower plants.

Now for my onions i always use 4"pots but they are 5" deep which i have found great as i find that the roots dont get disturbed to much when putting them in there final place for growing on.
My final job today was to make sure my water sprayer was clean and working ok
More info later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment