Monday 10 March 2014

ANOTHER GOOD DAY

Yes we have had another very nice day  and i have been able to get a few important jobs done which takes a bit of tome. The first one was to get all my mixes ready for the carrots ready to go in the long pipes which are 4ft 6" I have made a few alterations re to the mix this year to see if there will be better results than  last year but as i have said so many times it is all trial and error so we will see if any in about 22 weeks time.

The second job was to get my tubs ready for the onions which should be with me the first week of april, again i am going to make a change and use chicken manuer and sand and dried blood and fish bone.. and also calcium.
No doubt there will be people who will have there doubts about my mixtures but i do try to find the best way to grow which suits me and also the pocket. You never can tell what you can achieve unless you try these things.
My son took me to the nuseries and i was amazed at how the prices has risen compared to last year, for example the compost i used last year has gone up £1-10p per 60ltrs, a bag of fms-2 with sand is now
£13-00. Because of this i have gone back to my usual which is vitax q4 and to be quite honest with you you cant realy go wrong with it mainly because there is very little wast such as lumps and hard compost.
This is all for now untill next time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geoff,great to see you back on your blog. I was wondering if you were successful in getting your carrot seeds from G Watson? All the best. John

    ReplyDelete