Monday 23 March 2015

A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER AGAIN SO BACK IN THE GREEN HOUSE

When ever i say the weather is going to get better it always goes the other way so what do you do  say nothing is best. Any way i received the rest of the seeds today that i ordered from DT BROWN and i must say they were very quick with there delivery. Apart from my order they sent me trial seeds of tomatoes called nimbus fi so i will get them sewn tomorrow and see how they progress and give a feed back.

Now that the beans have arrived i will get 46 3inch pots ready to fill with compost so i can plant the seed when ready. As you all will know they dont take very long to show there growth.
My son took me out today for a ride and we went to a place called  WATTS  STORE  and i purchased 3 bags of horse manure/compost for £5-00 which was not to bad. My reason for getting them is that i will mix it with my compost for the onion buckets, mind you there will be other adds to it so i can get good growth.
I think i have said at some stage i dont grow onions in the green house as much as i would like to but i do give what ever i grow out side the best care that i can give. The biggest problem we get is making sure as much as possible to keep them clear from onion fly and  butterflies. There is one thing i do keep my eye on and that is making sure they dont get onion rot which most will know can be caused by to much water.
Will close now and give update later on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment