Monday 24 October 2011

compost and nick-knacks for onions-long carrots-stump carrots

Spent a few enjoyable hours on sunday with my son at the nurseries whare i get my gardening assessories. I decided not to change my way of growing so i got the following .
3 60ltr bags of vitax multipupose compost with q4.
2 bags of dried kiln sand.
I did make enquiries re to 6x manure but was told it will not be in stock for a week so i have ordered 1 bag which i will collect next sunday. The reason why i use 6x is because it is very highly concentrated and it saves a lot of back breaking work which unfortunetly i just cannot do these days and the reason for dried kiln sand is it has been sterilized so there is no fear of any germs or bacteria that also applies to the 6x. One thing i did forget is ground lime but i can get that when i get my bag of 6x. I have got all the rest that i need even for the sowing of onions so all i need to do now is get cracking and decide how to go about getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment